Imagine: You wake up to the sound of clashing ocean waves, birds chirping and the warm sunlight shining perfectly through your window. You get up at your own pace, grab coffee, check your email and Facebook and enjoy an hour-long breakfast. You continue on with your day, doing as you please; cooking and baking for hours on end, getting a great workout in, squeezing in a massage and catching up with a girlfriend. You end your day with a lavish dinner, a relaxing bath and a great book.
If only every day was this way! Instead, our everyday lives are filled with constant motion and activity between work, family and other commitments. Most days it’s very unlikely that we are able to sit down for longer than 30 minutes to enjoy a meal. But that doesn’t mean that the everyday recipes in our lives can’t be guilt free!
My #1 tip for creating guilt-free recipes for your everyday life is to begin a Sunday Bake Fest (or any day of the week when you have extra time) tradition, which essentially involves cooking large amounts of various guilt-free foods. Then, throughout the week you can mix-and-match them for quick, on-the-go and guilt-free snacks and meals.
Here are 6 Simple Foods to Make in Bulk:
- Steamed vegetables (any vegetables you like)
- Extra-lean turkey or grilled chicken
- Avocado (mash a few with a pinch of lemon and sea salt)
- Mixed berries (wash and put away a medley of your favorite berries)
Here are 5 Guilt-Free Recipes Using Your Pre-Made Foods:
- Breakfast: Quinoa + milk of your choice + raisins or Oats + milk of your choice + mixed berries + cinnamon + nutmeg
- Lunch: Quinoa + extra-lean turkey or grilled chicken + steamed vegetables + olive oil + red wine vinegar + oregano + sea salt (Bonus: top it with The Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese)
- Dinner: Grilled chicken topped with avocado and The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle) with a side of steamed vegetables and quinoa mixed with sea salt and cilantro
- Snack: A bowl of mixed berries with a Mini Babybel Cheddar
With a little planning and preparation, guilt-free recipes for your everyday life become simple and highly accessible!
What are some guilt-free recipes you use in your everyday lives?Post A Comment