My husband: It’s so nice out today. We should have a few people over tonight for a BBQ.
Me: Tonight? We haven’t planned anything.
My husband: We’ll be fine. It will be fun!
Are you a pre-planning type of person like me? Do you plan everything, live by to-do lists and typically struggle with last-minute ideas? If so, we are on the same page. For whatever reason, I plan a lot less during the summer. Coincidentally, I also stress less. There is nothing about a backyard BBQ that should be stressful. Yes, even if you have to prepare last minute for it!
Here are six tips when preparing for a last-minute backyard BBQ:
- Simplify your meat. Grab hamburgers, grilled chicken, veggie burgers or steak, lightly season and throw on the grill. You don’t need to spend countless hours basting and marinating.
- Don’t forget the cheese! In addition to some light seasoning, cheese is a perfect, flavorful addition. Make a “Juicy Lucy” by placing a wedge of The Laughing Cow Cheese in the middle of your burgers, or just knead the cheese right in the meat prior to forming into burgers.
- Add a quick side. Who doesn’t love some sweet potato fries? We make these all the time, but my friend reminded me, “Just make sure you foil wrap your stuff so it doesn’t get cross-contaminated with other foods on the grill!” Try this: slice the sweet potatoes up into thin strips or rounds, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg or for a spicy-sweet try cinnamon and cayenne.
- Drinks. You can always provide the quick and simple water with lemon or orange slices, lemonade, soda, spritzers, etc. If you want to try something new that will really quench thirst, try this Watermelon Lemonade. It is gluten free, simple and you only need three ingredients.
- Entertainment. Need some quick ideas for music? Here is an ultimate 154-track backyard-barbeque mix that I love!
- Dessert Skewers. Last, but never least – dessert! You can find many tips for gluten-free on the summer BBQ here, but perhaps the best thing you’ll find are the Fruit & Cheese Drizzled with Honey Skewers. These are not only healthy and delicious, but they are super simple and perfect for a last-minute backyard BBQ!
Summer doesn’t last long! Whether you have a month or a day to plan for your backyard BBQ, make sure to enjoy it.Post A Comment