Mini Babybel® Original
Brick House Oven
A sandwich snack that looks like a oven I created out the blue one day and tried it with Mini Babybel® Original cheese which was very yummy!
This recipe will yield snacks for 8 persons or if you are hungry then enough for 4 people to be satified
Take your semi thawed chicken breast and cut it sideways so you get thin slices like as in sandwich slices, not strips. You need to do this while the meat is semi frozen to make slicing easy. Then sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on the raw meat to your liking. Next place the meat on a sheet of foil in a toaster oven or oven and cook the meat at 350 degrees till juices run clear. Because the chicken is cut thin it will cook faster so do not over cook or dry out.
If you are using one nice size chicken breast, cut the CiaBatta bread in half. Then slice that sideways to form a sandwich. If you are using two chicken breasts then just cut the bread to form two sandwich halves in prep for all the ingredients to be laid out.
While the chicken is cooking, saute the mushrooms over med-high heat with Olive Oil, sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper, and garlic Cook til tender. Remove from heat and place in a side dish temporary. Just a note, I cut my mushrooms into strips so that I can get the most coverage when distributing them on the sandwich.
When that’s finished, warm up your fire roasted red bell peppers and roasted tomatoes in a saute pan. Just a heads up, I bought mine in the Meijer deli section so they are ready to go, but I preferred them to be warmed up in order not to make the sandwich cold. Remove from heat and set to the side.
2. Next, lay a generous portion of Spinach leaves on the bottom half of the CiaBatta bread. Take notice the stems are removed just in case you were wondering
3. Now arrange your cooked chicken breast meat. Depending on how thick or wide your slices are you may be able to add more. Just arrange it keeping in mind that the sandwich will be cut in half later from left to right. So arrange your chicken from top to bottom making sure both sides has enough meat.
4. Now arrange your Portobello mushrooms distributing them evenly.
5. Distribute the Fire Roasted Tomatoes.
6. Distribute the Fire Roasted Red Bell Peppers. Try to get most coverage without over lapping.
7. Now cut the Mini Babybel® Original cheese in thin slices and distribute evenly. For a whole ciabatta loaf (6×12) I used one bag(6pcs).
8. Place the now setup sandwich in the oven or toaster for a few minutes to melt the cheese as shown above. This also makes our sandwich nice and toasty as in warm.
9. If you are following this recipe then you should have something that looks the pic above. That’s a 10.5 inch plate – These sandwiches are 6×3 inches each which if you noticed and I mentioned that I would cut the setup in half which is enough for two people.
10. The final 6×12 inch sandwich cut in quarters(1/4) to 6×3 with spinach leaves and roasted tomatoes on the side for nice touch. The rest I am saving for tomorrows snack
Let me say this… This creation was absolutely delicious and filling.